Thursday, July 9, 2009

I took Wed, Thurs, and Fri, of last week off for the 4th of July. Wednesday night I drove to Duluth to meet up with my friend Megan. She is leaving to head off to grad school in Denver next month, so this was our last big bang girls weekend before she leaves. We then drove up to her family's cabin on the North Shore of Minnesota, near Tofte. We got in really late on Wednesday night. Thursday morning I woke up and was able to see the view for the first time. It was gorgeous!! The cabin overlooks a little cove on Lake Superior with wild lupine growing all over. It was breathtaking! I am so often amazed by how blessed I am to live in such a gorgeous place and to have the opportunities to see the things I do! Thursday we relaxed at the cabin and wondered around to some of the other beaches. We even saw a little fawn on the way. Friday morning we got up to a gorgeous day and headed to Duluth for the rest of the weekend.

No comments: