Monday, January 4, 2010

Slow Recovery

Saturday, my parents drove me to Marquette to stay with Matt for the night. My flight for Sunday morning was at 6:45 am, so it was easier to stay with Matt rather than have my parents drive the two hours early Sunday morning. We met up with Nikki, Steve, and Matt at Hudson's for dinner.


Saturday night, my stomach pains grew worse and I barely slept at all that night. I woke up yesterday at 4:45 am to finish packing my things up and head out to the airport. My stomach hurt so bad and my whole body was shaking horribly, that I knew there was no way I could handle 10 hours of travel. After consulting with my parents, I rescheduled my flight for Tuesday and had my brother take me to the walk-in-clinic. I loathe going to the doctors and anything that has to do with medical stuff, but I had been in pain for 6 days, without much sleep or food, and I knew I needed to make sure it wasn't something serious. They took my blood and later on ruled out appendicitis and a gallbladder infection. The doctor said she thinks it is just a severe viral infection. She said to eat the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast) and to drink lots of fluids and that it should only last 7-14 days. I wanted to cry! There is no way I can handle another 8 days of this! Matt and I picked up the BRAT foods and some stomach meds and headed back to his apartment. I was able to get some sleep on and off and even took a shower! That night I was feeling worse and felt like this was never going to end. I finally fell asleep and slept straight through the night with little pain. Thank goodness! This morning I got up, drank some Gatorade and have had 4 crackers with no problem. I am keeping my fingers crossed! I am thankful to have such a good brother who lets his sick sister crash at his apartment, takes care of me, and will wake up early to bring me to the airport tomorrow! I owe him big!

So, hopefully, I am on the road to recovery and will have a good flight home tomorrow! I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Kid! We love you!
~Momala