Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Adventure Guru

Well, I am alive! So Megs and I both did the canyon swing. Basically, you stand out on a platform 300 ft. above the canyon. It is sort of like bungy jumping. You have a rope and harness attached to your waist by your belly button. You can choose to jump off anyway you want. Megan hung upside down! No way. Not for me. I got up there to the edge and was shaking to bad! I held onto my rope and then stepped off. I started to scream, but then you are going too fast that you can't make noise anymore! You drop to the bottom and then swing back and forth until they raise you up again. It was a rush, that is for sure!!!! Celebrities like Adrien Brody, Jack Osborne, and Jack Black have done the swing too! About 3 hours later Megs and I got in a plane and jumped out of it! Ahhh!!!! I went skydiving! It was so amazing. When we first got there I was more excited than the day before. Our van driver said it isn't scary once you are in the air. It said it is more euphoric than frightening. This eased my fears. We got all siuted up and the guy who was helping me introduced himself as Uros. I asked if he was my instructor (the one who would jump with me). He said no, that he is just the parachute packer and helps fit people into their jumpsuits. He said that he will take people if something happens to the instructors, and that he has gone a few times (compared to the thousand that the instructors have gone). After we got suited up we headed out into the field for instruction. Then we hopped in the plane. There were 3 of us jumping, our instructors and our cameramen. We each hired a camera guy so we could get pics of the jump. My instructor still hadn't come. The low and behold, Uros comes out! I was freaking out! I wanted someone who had jumped more than a few times since they were the ones in charge of the parachute and the landing! Ahhh.... I was trying not to freak. We were all crammed into a little cockpit. As we rose the view was awesome. We were above the mountains and the clouds. When we reached 12,000 ft. The door opened. Meg and her instructor leaned out the door and were gone. It was my turn. Just me and good ole' Uros! He told me to scoot near the door. I was sitting with my legs hanging out. My photographer was hanging on to the wing and told me to smile. Yeah, smile while I am hanging 12,000 ft. out of a plane. Then Uros, who was strapped behind me rocked backwards and forwards and we were out! It was nuts! My feet were up to the sky and we flipped a few times. Then we turned so I was looking out ahead. Because the air is pushing up on you, you sort of feel like you are floating. It was scary! The view was amazing! Lakes, mountains, and sheep pastures. We were free-falling for 45 seconds, then the parachute opened and it was another 5 minutes before we touched down. During that time Uros, asked if I wanted to spin. I said, "why not" so we did. He spun all around and it was so cool, all though I was nervous that my lunch would come up! When we hit the ground I was so pumped! I did it!!!! And that's when I found out that Uros is a jokester. He had done over 10, 500 jumps! Phew! haha. I was a great experience and I would do it all over again. Who wants to join me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think my jaw hit the floor....you did what..? wait till I go tell our 10th grade english teacher, whatever her name is these days....I miss you come home!