Friday, April 27, 2007

Surfing!

Today after school, one of the other student teachers, Miles, took Megan and I surfing. It was so fun! Since it is fall here, the weather is a little chilly and it gets dark pretty early, like 6ish. But we didn't know how many more chances we would get to try and surf. We left school grabbed the boards and wetsuits and headed to the beach. Miles said the waves weren't that great, but they looked big to me! We all put our wetsuits on (I had to put mine on twice, because apparently I had it on backwards the first time) and headed out to the waves. Miles gave us a quick lesson and then we were off. We "surfed" for an hour or so. I had so much water in my mouth and ears by the end of it and I am pretty sure I looked like a drown rat (notice no pictures were taken of this). We stayed in until it got dark and by the end I was able to get onto one knee a few times but was nowhere near standing up! That will take a lot more practice. My goal is to get up on two knees on my board before I go home. It might take awhile. Guess I will just have to keep going for it until I get it down!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep it up, you can do it!
Love, m and p