Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer and Job Hunting!

After over 2 weeks in Europe, it was great to see my family!! I had not been home since Christmas and missed them so much!! I spent the next 2 weeks catching up, showing them my pictures, playing with my dogs, catching up on sleep, seeing friends, and looking for a job. I applied to a few but didn’t have any luck. My mom and sister and I drove to the lower peninsula of Michigan to visit my grandparents on both sides. During our trip I got a call about a job interview. They wanted me for a phone interview the next day. So I did my phone interview from the bathroom of my grandparents’ assisted living center!! The job was as an admissions counselor at Northland College in Ashland, Wisconsin. At the end of the interview they asked me if I could come to the college the next week for a campus interview. We got back from my grandparents on a Sunday night and Tuesday I drove to Ashland for the interview. Well, it went great and I was offered the job that day and was asked to start work on a week!! So I stayed the night in Ashland with my mom and we found an apartment, drove back that night and bought a car, the next day I packed and bought a cell phone and 2 days later I moved!! It has been crazy!!
I have now been in Ashland for just under 2 weeks. I like my job and know I will like it even more as I get busier working with students. Summer is a slow time in the job and I am adjusting to working in a cubicle. But it is nice to be only 3 hours from home and only 1 hour from Duluth, where I went to college.

It has been a wild few months, but I think I covered the big things and will try and be better about keeping up!

No comments: