Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A New England Fall

Since my last post was a little heavy, I decided to add some fun fall pictures to cheer up a bit.

I love the fall here in New England. Fall is my favorite time of year and I have taken full advantage of all the fun fall-y things.

A few weekends ago, Chelsea's sister and her boyfriend came to visit and we had a few other friends over. We hiked to the top of a lookout tower for a great view of all the fall leaves and we could even see the bridge to Maine from there. That night we had hot apple cider, apple crisp, and a fire in our outdoor fireplace. Sunday we ventured out to a nearby farm. They had beautiful horses and a bunch of newborn lambs. Chelsea and I had a blast watching the little lambs try out there new legs by running around and jumping on their mom's backs. It was hilarisous. Then we all headed out to the farm's corn maze. It was shaped like a skunk and throughout the maze there were mailboxes with skunk trivia questions inside. If you got the answer right, you were sent in the right direction, if you got it wrong, you were sent to a dead end. We did pretty well; 7/10 right.





















The next weekend, my friend Tim and I headed to Keene, NH, about an an hour and a half away for their famous Pumpkin Fest. This is the world's largest jack-o-lantern gathering! People bring their pumpkins into town and the main streets are lined up to display them! There were food and craft vendors all over. It was really fun! Nikki had called me the week before to say that Rachel Ray mentioned Pumpkin Fest in her food magazine and that I should definitely go to it. I am super glad I did!











This weekend I had to work at a a visit day on Saturday and then I went home and warmed up by our fire and watched movies with Chelsea, since it was so cold and drizzly. It was the perfect lazy fall day. Sunday, was gorgeous and almost 60, so my friend Tim came and we carved pumpkins out on the back deck in the sunshine!



No comments: