Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Girls Weekend

This past weekend was wonderful!! My mom and Nikki came to visit me!
When they came on Saturday, I showed them my apartment and we caught up before heading to lunch and hitting the shops in both Ashland and Bayfield. We then drove out to a campground in the middle of nowhere, so my mom could check it out as a potential camping spot for her and my dad this summer. It was gorgeous. Right between a river and a lake. I am super excited that they found one close to me, so I can see them for the weekend! Then I took them to check out Northland's campus. It was really fun to show them where I work! We then went to a little Mexican restaurant in town, where we laughed a lot and had a great time! We went back to my place and I showed them my belly dancing I had been learning and then my mom attempted it while she sang "Aquarius (Let the Sun Shine)" from Hair. Nikki and I were dieing laughing. It was great! Haha! The next morning we woke up and lazed around in our pj's while I made them cinnamon rolls and coffee. We hit up a few more shops in town and went to the little local coffee shop before they had to leave. It was a quick visit, but so much fun!!! It was just what I needed! I am so lucky to have such a kick-butt family! MWAH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful weekend! It was a blast!
Momala