Tuesday, April 14, 2009

On the Road Again

So, here I am. Out on the road once again. This time though, I am in uncharter territory, well... at least to me. I am on my long-awaited trip to the East Coast.

Let's start at the beginning. I had Good Friday off of work at Northland. I woke up really migrain-ey and feeling really sick and tired. I laid in bed until noonish and decided to get up and try to get some things done. Well, I just felt worse, dizzy and achey. So, I laid on the couch until my shift at the gym. I made it through work and went right to bed when I got home. Saturday morning I woke up feeling worse. I had a wretched ear ache on top of everything else. After taking advice from my mom, I called the doctor's office. I needed to make sure I didn't have an ear infection before I flew the next day. Well, the doctor's office was closed, so after consulting the on-call nurse, who told me to come in immediately. I went in to the walk in clinic to find out, luckily it wasn't an ear infection, it was plugged eustation tubes (ear, nose, and throat tubes). I was in and out quick and was given some ear numbing meds to bring on the plane with me. The nurse told me the plane ride would probably be really painful for my ears. Great. So, after going back to my place and packing up, I was off. I made a stop in Duluth for lunch and a walk through some shops on in Canal Park before heading to the Twin Cities. When I arrived I met up with my bff Katie for lunch. It was so great to see her!! I haven't hung out with just Katie in a really, really long time. We talked for 3 hours at the restaurant. It was great!! I think we both needed it. And after 5 hours of sleep back at the hotel, I woke up Easter morning and headed to the airport. I was a little nervous about my ears on the flight, but it turns out, there was no need to worry. The flights went fine and other than the normal ear popping, my ears were not an issue. I flew into Baltimore and from there drove on to Annapolis. The weather here was in the 40's, but the grass is gorgeous green and all the trees are blossoming and beautiful. When I got to Annapolis, I went straight to the visitor's center. From there, I ate Maryland Crab Soup at a little cafe and then walked around the historic district. I took a tour of William Paca's Colonial Mansion and Gardens. It was interesting. Then I explored the Capitol building to see the Senate and House Chambers. After this I hit up the Pier and took a boat tour around the waterways of Annapolis and the Naval Academy. Then I went to a crab shack for dinner. It was family style eating on long tables with benches and brown paper on the tables. People were all over cracking crab and littering the table tops with the shells. I opted for fish n' chips since I had my fair share of crab in Alaska.
Yesterday morning I woke up feeling groggy again but got up and at 'em. I drove through Washington D.C. to a Science and Tech. high school to drop of college info. and talk to the guidance counselor. Then I drove back past Annapolis and up the shore to Ocean City. I stopped on Assateague Island, which was the thing I was looking most forward too! I read these "Stormy and Misty: the Wild Horses" books when I was a kid. This is where the books where based from. Right away, I saw a young horse right on the side of the road. It was so cool!! I saw 13 wild horses, including a new colt, and some deer. I even stepped into the Atlantic Ocean even though it was not even 40 degress out. I spent probably 3 hours there. I was freezing by the time I left, but I loved it!!! So, amazing!!!!
I then drove to my hotel in Ocean City where I walked on the famous boardwalk. It was kind of eerie and ghost town-ish, but I can only imagine what it would be like in a month or two. After a good fish dinner, I was exhausted.
This morning I woke up feeling cruddy once again, but headed out for a high school visit and then I drove to Gaithersburg. So, here I am.
I am about to fall asleep typing this right now. So, I am off to bed. MWAH

No comments: