Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

This past weekend was fantastic!
Friday was my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday, Mom!! My parents spent the day down at Michigan's State's Masters of Social Work Graduation where my dad was honored for being an advisor to their students. That is a huge honor and I am so proud of him! Congrats Daddio!

After working my gym shift, I came home and watched "Twilight". My friends Grant and Claire have Netflix and got a thing to give to friends for a free month membership. So, I have been able to rent movies for free. They come so fast too!! Twilight was pretty good, although the book is much better. I brought my tv into my bedroom so I could clean it at the same time. It felt so good to get all my clothes off the floor!

Saturday I drove home to spend Mother's Day with my family. As soon as I reached the U.P. it started snowing! I mean, it was snowing pretty good actually, which is weird since the weather had been so great that week! Anyway, I drove to Da Camp (my family's hunting camp in Baraga) to meet up with my parents. It was so great to see them! We sat around the campfire and when it got a little chilly we went in and relaxed in the trailer. My brother came and brought amazing steaks to make for dinner. They were so good! I don't cook meat to much for myself, so it was extra wonderful! After Matt left to go back to Marquette, mom and I did some beading and made 3 necklaces each. It was so fun. We got a chance to catch up and laugh.

Saturday morning, Dad made a wonderful Mother's Day breakfast. Then, mom, dad and I went for a hike with the dogs. It was so nice! The sun was shining and it was beautiful. We hiked up a hill where we saw tons of fiddle-head ferns and then to a swamp where Milly and Noah had a blast playing in the muddy water. I even saw a little pod of frog eggs. Spring is here! When we got back to the camp, Nikki and Steve were there. We had a great chicken, potato, and salad dinner with a Mother's Day/Birthday cake from Nikki and Steve. It was great to see them too. I miss my sister so much sometimes. I love being able to goof around with her and just catch up on everything, so it was great to see them! After lunch, Steve took the windows out of the Jeep and took all of us for a ride. Dad and Steve sat in front and Nikki, mom and I sat in the back. They had taken the back seat out, so we sat on the floor. Throughout the ride, mom was squealing and laughing so hard, you would have thought we were on a wild rollercoaster ride. It was hilarious! She is pretty easy to please! It was so much fun bumping along the dirt road. When we got back, we packed up and headed home. Mom and Dad gave the dogs a much needed bath and afterwards I attempted to blow-dry Milly and trim her fur up in between throwing loads of laundry in. It was fun having so much time with my parents alone. I usually have to share my time with my siblings, so it was kind of nice to have them to myself. On the way home on Monday, I stopped at a really cool cemetery. Not to sound morbid, but it was really gorgeous. There are these amazing wildflowers growing everywhere, so I had to take a few pics.

I just want to do a little shout-out to my mom for Mother's Day. I really do think I have been blessed with the best mom in the whole world. Not only is she a mother, wife, and daughter, but she is a mentor, inspiration and friend. She has always been there to lean on, to talk to, to be a shoulder to cry on. She is the first person I go to with good news or with bad. She is smart, goofy, compassionate, energetic, resourceful, strong, creative, and beautiful. I cannot imagine a world without her. If I could be half the mother she has been someday, I would be happy. I love you more than you could know Mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me cry! (a good cry) it was so much fun!
love you Sweetie,
Momala