Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Well, it was another wonderful weekend!!
Saturday, I got up early and hit up the city-wide garage sales. I found a few great things for crafting this summer. It was freezing out and there were even some snowflakes in the air! But it was still really fun. I love garage saleing!
I had to run up to Northland then to work for a few hours. After that I drove to Duluth to go to a bridal shower for a good college friend of mine. It was really fun and great to see her too! Then I hit up Michael's for a few more crafty things. When I got back to Ashland, my friend Sarah came over and we had a blast hanging out and catching up. I think we both really needed it! Before we knew it, it was midnight! Sunday I slept in a little and then went to do some yard work for a guy from the gym. A week ago, I was talking to him about my money shortage and he said he would pay me $10 an hour to do yard work for him this summer. So, since the weather was gorgeous on Sunday, I headed over there. We ran to the hardware store to get me some new work gloves and some garden fencing. Then we went to work hauling dead trees and branches out of the woods. He even taught me how to use a chainsaw, which was really fun!! I got to saw up a tree! There is lots to do, but it's great to get cash on the spot and know that whenever I am short on money, I can call him up and do some extra work. Plus, I get to be outside and get a good workout too! After I got back, I headed over to Grant and Claire's for a BBQ with Claire's family who was up visiting. It was really fun. Sigh! What a wonderful weekend!

Last night I had rehearsal for my belly dance show tonight. I am a little nervous about it, but we only have like a 1 1/2 minute piece to perform and there are 7 other dances, so it's not a big chunk of the show. It should be fun though. I am excited. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: