Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The past few days have been super lazy and a bit crafy too! It's really nice to relax! I used to have phonecall nights at the college on Thurs, worked at the gym on Wed. and Fri., and belly dancing on Thursday. Now that it's summer, I no longer have phone call nights, belly dancing is off for June, and I only work until 7 now on Fridays instead of 9! I have so much extra time! This weekend was wonderful and much needed. Friday, I had a touch of the stomach flu, so I called it an early night after my gym shift. Patti and Claire stopped over for a bit to say hi and then I went to bed. Saturday morning, I had Saturday duty at the college and then Claire and I drove up to Bayfield to check out some of the cute little shops since it was a cold rainy day. That night, we had invited some friends for a bonfire on the beach, but the rain bombed that idea, so we cooked hotdogs on Grant and Claire's grill instead. Our friend Chrysa joined us and we even cooked smores over the grill too! We sat under a tree which protected us from the rain. It was really fun!Sunday, Nikki and Steve stopped by on their way to the airport to head to Alaska for a week. It was good to see them, even if it was quick. Then I ran to Walmart to print off some of my pics. I realized that as much as I love taking pics, I don't have any up in my apartment. So I got a few more cheap frames to add to my collection and framed a ton of pics to put up in a photo collage. I am not sure if I really like it, but it's nice to have some personal pics up now! Then I decided to be a little crafty while I was watching movies. I took 50 clothespins and decoupaged them with funky paper. I am going to make some into magnets to hold papers on my fridge and with the others, I am going to hang cute ribbon on one of my walls and then clip the pins up to hold papers and photos on. We'll see how it turns out. I just thought the clips were cute! Yesterday, after work, I headed to Washburn (10 minutes outside of Ashland) to pick up an application to waitress at a restaurant. I am in need of extra cash even more now that we took a paycut. I think I could make more as a waitress tham the 6.50/hr I make at the gym. I might get some good weekend hours too!
Then I came home and cleaned my much neglected bedroom! It feels so much better to have my room all cleaned up now!! Sigh!

Here are a few pics of the rainy cookout, the clothespins and the picture collage wall:





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so cute! set them up on Etsy.
Momala