Monday, June 15, 2009

This weekend finally felt like summer! Yay!! It was much needed!
Friday after my shift at the gym, I headed down to the waterfront to check out Relay for Life. I always love the excitement there, and of course, the cause. I walked a lap for my grandma and my uncle (who are both recently in remission), my aunt (who passed away after battling breast cancer), and a co-worker whose mom was just diagnosed. I started to get a little choked up thinking about it, but also prayed for all of those people and thanked God for his hand in healing too! When I got back I talked to Maggie (my grandma) and Dewey (my uncle) on the phone for quite awhile. It was great to talk to them. I miss them!
Saturday I administered the ACT's on campus for 5 1/2 hours. I really don't mind doing them at all since I get to bring a book to read while the kids are testing and it's like $20 an hour! After this, Claire and I had planned to hit up the beach for the first time this summer, but that idea crashed and burned when a big thunderstorm came through. I love storms though, so I didn't mind it and it made it feel like summer!
Oh yeah!! I almost forgot, there is a store downtown who will sell my photography! So, Sat. I made a bunch of prints and matted all of them and brought them to put up in the store! I am not sure how popular they will be, but it's still kind of cool! After that, Claire, Charissa (another friend) and I headed for a quick impromptu trip to Duluth. We went out to eat and then wandered around the mall (I am poor, so there was no spending, but it was fun to window shop). We had a great time!! I also found a cute dress on sale at Khol's for a wedding I am ushering in this summer. I was really excited about the deal I found! We didn't get home that night until 11:00!

Sunday, Claire and I got a bunch of great summer food and brought it to the beach. Chrysa and our friend Kate met up with us there. It was the perfect summer day!! The sun felt great, the sound of the waves was perfect, the food was delicious, and the company was fun! We were there for like 5 hours! When I got home, I decided to go for a run/walk. It was great! I went for 6 miles along the Ashland Rail Trail, which winds along the lake shore. It was wonderful.

No comments: