Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I really had the best intentions yesterday to do swimming after work. Well, didn't happen. "Grams", our secretary at the office, and I made a plan to swim in the college pool after work on Tuesdays and Thursdays together. Well, I forgot my swimsuit, so at lunch I ran home to pick it up. After work we went to the pool around 4:40 only to learn it would be closing at 5 due to a women's b-ball game. Oh well. There is always next week. I think it will be good to get in the habit of swimming, even if it is only 2 days a week. I am thinking I will only go for probably 45 minutes each time, but it's a start anyway! Last night Claire and I hung out. I can't even tell you how grateful I am to have made such a good friend here in Ashland! After I left college and my amazing roomates behind, I thought I was destined to be far away from any friends for the rest of my life. Well, lo and behold, along comes Claire. She reminds me so much of my college girlfriends that I miss so much. It is great to have such a good friend! I made homemade chicken/basil pizza and brought it over. We just had girl-talk and then made cupcakes to bring into the office for V-Day. It was really fun. The best part of it all was when Claire was talking to me about something serious and we both kind of got teary-eyed over it. I went forward to give her a hug, but the back pocket of my jeans somehow got hooked on her cupboard knob and I was stuck. So there I was trying to comfort Claire, reaching out to give her a hug and I couldn't move. She came over and hugged me and then realized why I hadn't moved. She had to un-hook me from the cupboard. We were then laughing to hard we were on the floor! I am always good at turning a touching moment into a comedy. Geez! But we had a blast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some people make the world better just by being there. You and Claire are blessed to have each other.