Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It snowy here again. Seems like it's been awhile since it snowed and I am having to remind myself that it isn't spring yet, even though the past week has felt like it! Snow is normal this time of year. In just a little bit here, I am heading to a job fair to sit at our college booth. It is at the Bad River tribe, just 10 miles out of Ashland. I don't mind getting out of the office, but it is a long fair. Set up starts at noon and we don't finish until 7 tonight! I think I am going to leave around 11:45 so I can grab some food and a few things from my apartment before I head out. I had to switch gym shifts so someone could work for me tonight. So, last night I worked at the gym and didn't get out of there until 9:30. Monday night I had to work here on campus until 8:00. Tonight after the fair I have to go to the gym and close up. I am already exhausted thinking about it! Aggghhhhhh..... But I have already decided that I won't go swimming after work tomorrow, so I can have a leisurely evening before belly dancing. I need to just relax for awhile.

In other news, I finished a book last night. It is called "They Poured Fire on Us from the Sky". Did I mention that I was reading this already in another blog? Sorry if I already did. But anyways, it is the true story of three Lost Boys of Sudan and how they escaped from the civil war in their country on foot and made it to Kenya. It was absolutely nuts what they had to endure, and weird to think that these boys are my age! It really makes me feel lucky to be in this country and to have the things I do. I know lately, I have felt financially strapped and under some stress, but it is nothing at all compared to what they have been through. It was super interesting. When I got home from work, I picked up a new book. I decided to read "Twilight" after all the good things I have heard about it. I will let you know what I think.

No comments: