Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wow!! I have not been so good about writing on here this week! So, let's catch up:

Friday: I worked at the gym and got to spend a good chunk of the shift reading my book. I am reading "Twilight" since I have heard so much talk about it. It's good! That night I was pooped when I got back, curled up in bed and called a friend.

Saturday: I headed home for the weekend. I was scheduled to visit schools to recruit for work on Monday, so I made a weekend out of it and got to see my family. It is great when I get to travel for work in the U.P. They provide me with a car, pay my gas, and my food. So, it's a free trip home for me! Saturday morning I slept in, got up and lazed around watching a few episodes of The Office, which is hilarious and then packed up to go home. The drive was nice and sunny and went by quickly. When I got home I caught up with my parents and then Nikki and Steve came over and we had dinner together. After dinner, we went to see the Newfoundland puppies, I got to see a few weeks ago. They are almost a month now and are soooooo cute! They just started walking and are in the clumsy stage. It was so fun!!!

Sunday: I worked on my taxes online and am so excited to be getting a good chunk of change back. I could definitely use it right now! Then I got out my sewing machine that I had been given at Christmas. My mom showed me a few things on it and I got started right away on making the cute pillows for my living room. They turned out great and they look great in my apartment. I will definitely take pictures this week. However, I am an idiot and forgot my camera cable at home, so I will post those up on here as soon as it comes in the mail!

Monday: I visited some of the area schools. I went to my alma mater first. There were no students signed up, so I went to see our family friend in the middle school instead. While we were catching up, 4 of the other middle school teachers came in and were surprised to see me there. It was fun to catch up with all of them too! Ahhh.... brings back memories of when they were my teachers and I was just a wee middle schooler. :) I got to meet with a friend briefly for lunch in between visits which is always nice. After my visits were done, I met up with my mom at our favorite coffee shop. It was nice to have some "mom-time" all to myself. We then ran some errands, came home and finished my pillows and paid some bills online. As I was looking at my bank account, I noticed a few purchases that I couldn't identify as ones I had made. So, I called Wells Fargo right away and canceled my check card and now I have to do paperwork to try and figure this deal all out. Sigh.

Tuesday: I said good-bye to my parents as I headed out to Baraga. On my way, I was stressing about money and the bank situation, when all of a sudden this huge bald eagle swooped over the road carrying a big branch in it's talons. It was really cool to see and for some reason, put me in a better mood. I then visited Ishpeming High School, ate a great lunch at the Portside in Marquette, and then headed off the Marquette High. Then I ran some errands in town and went to check in to my hotel. My brother met me there and we went out to eat and then met up with his roomate for Trivia Night. Every Tuesday they go to this restaurant from 8-10, where people get in teams and a lady reads random trivia questions. The winners in each round win drinks and appetizers. We didn't win, but we did pretty well. It was really fun! After all of our knowledge was expended we went to the hotel to take advantage of the hot tub. It was heavenly. Then I said good-bye to the boys and hit the hay for the night.

Wednesday: Yesterday I had one high school visit and then headed back to Ashland. I had a little extra time when I got back to unload and relax before I had to head to the gym. It was a good evening, but I am looking forward to having a night to relax in my apartment tonight!

No comments: