Monday, February 2, 2009

Busy Bee

I am moved!!!!!!!!!!!! *SIGH* I love my new place!
So, let's see where I left off... Hmmm....
Thursday I worked at the Fitness Center again until 9:30. I think I will like it. I am not real excited about being there to close by myself, but I think it will just take some getting used to. The Fitness Center was an old train station back in the hay day, so the building is old and creepy when you are there alone. The workout rooms themselves are fine, I just hate cleaning out the locker rooms in the basement when I am alone! It will be good motivation to get the cleaning done as quick as possible though!
Friday I slept in a little since I stayed up late the night before cleaning and packing. I got everything that was left in the old place in 2 loads. It was a lot of moving, but I finished by 4:15, just in time to clean the shower at the new place so I could wash up and get ready for work. I worked Friday until 9:30 and was pooped out by the end of the night. It was my first night at my new apt. I thought I might have trouble sleeping the first night just getting used to it, but I was so exhausted I fell right to sleep. I woke up the next morning to the sun shining through my room. I love how sunny it is! I put away a few more things from their boxes and then got ready to go and help Grant and Claire move. Until the boys came with the loaded U-Haul, I basically just kept Claire and the cats company at their new place. It was sunny and 45 out that day! I wanted to put on shorts and a t-shirt and lay out on the sidewalk. But we had moving to do. After we unloaded their stuff from the U-Haul, we were going to head to my place to bring over the loveseat Grant and Claire were givnig to me. They also gave me a really cool desk that they didn't have a spot for. It is awesome and will be perfect for sewing! So, we went to move the U-Haul and realized that because the snow had melted, the truck had sunk down and was totally stuck. We tried everything! No luck. Finally we decided to lock it and leave it where it was so we could grab lunch and then make a plan for how to get it out. I ran back to my old place to clean for the last time and turn in my keys after lunch and left the boys to figure out the U-Haul. I guess, a neighbor saw them struggling and pulled them out with his truck. Meanwhile, while I was cleaning my old place, I was almost done vaccuuming when I blew a fuse and the apartment went black. So, I ran back to my new place, found a flashlight and cleaned the rest by flashlight. But, I got it done and was officially moved by 7 p.m. Again, it was another long exhausting day, but it felt so great to be moved!
Yesterday, I bummed around in the morning and then headed to New Richmond, WI to see my friends Katie and Ryan and their new house. They were hosting a little Super Bowl party there. I hadn't seen them since before Christmas and was dieing to catch up with Katie again. I knew it would be a quick visit, but it was worth it. After the 3 hour drive, I arrived. The house they moved into is amazing! Someone they know is in the military and had to move away for a year and wanted someone to live in their house, so Katie and Ryan moved in! It is HUGE! I mean GY-NORMOUS!!! It was so cool! Some of our other friends from college were there too. We watched the game, were a little disappointed in the commercials, and hot tubed. I spent the night there last night since I worked today from 11:30-8:00 tonight. Katie and I pulled my mattress into their room, just like when we were roomates, and talked until we feel asleep. It was so great to see them! I miss them tons, but am so glad to be somewhere close where I can make weekend trips like that. I headed back this morning, and here I am.
Still exhausted, but so happy to be done moving. I can't wait to get home tonight and decorate. There will be pics posted soon!

No comments: