Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Doing Much Better

Since my last post, things have gotten better.

Friday night after working my shift at the gym, I decided to drive to Duluth for the night. My friend Megan was there, whom I haven't seen since this summer. Even though I was exhausted, what better way is there to cheer up then to see old friends? The drive went quick. I picked Megan up from a friends, where I got to see a few people I hadn't seen in a couple of years. Then we met up with some other friends and went to a place where they had dancing and a live band. I love dancing!! It was a blast! We didn't get back until after 2 in the morning, so I was dead by the end of the night. Megs and I went back and stayed at her brother's house, which is where I lived my senior year of college. It was weird to be back there again, but good. That morning Megs and I talked with Bryan (her brother, who I hadn't seen since I graduated) and his girlfriend. Then Megs, and another friend and I went out for breakfast and then coffee afterwards. I was definitely fighting a migraine, that has been trying to surface for a few days, but after some pain reliever I was doing better. I drove back to Ashland with just enough time to get ready for our Scholarship Recognition Dinner. We had 66 students and their families come to campus for their scholarship awards ceremony and dinner afterwards. It was really fun! I even got 2 of the 4 girls of mine, to pay their deposit. Which means, they are coming to Northland for sure!! That was awesome!! It was another long night, but it was a big success. After this, I went home and crashed!

Sunday, I slept in, did my laundry and got ready to head out for my next work trip. I was really feeling beat and wasn't much looking forward to the 4 1/2 hour drive, but it was fine. I decided to go through Wisconsin and then Chicago and up to Grand Rapids, rather than going through Michigan, since they were under a big storm warning. At the hotel, I ordered pizza when I got to my hotel and then read my book in the hot tub. It was great!

Yesterday, I woke up at 6:15 to call schools on the east coast to schedule high school visits. In 2 days, I had called 42 schools, and could only schedule 6 of them!! I was super nervous that my boss wouldn not be happy. So, I emailed her and told her most schools were on spring break. She said it was not a problem, which was really nice and relieving! Then I got ready and headed out for 6 more hours on the road. i go to my grandparents last night at about 8:00ish. It was so great to see them and catch up!!! We talked and talked. It is so nice to get to see family on the road.

Today, I got up early to head to a National College Fair in downtown Grand Rapids. The first part of the fair was from 9-12. Not I have 6 hours until the next part tonight. The students grabbed up almost all of my stuff earlier today. So, I am really hoping I have enough college info. pieces in my car, for the next few days! I am at Panera right now. I grabbed some lunch here and am using their internet. I love this place!! Their bread it sooooo great. I love it!! I am still fighting the onset of a migraine, but have been trying to not get too stressed in hopes that it will subside soon. I might go back to grandma and grandpa's and take a little nap before I have to be back around another thousand or so excited high schoolers.

On a side note; the pastor from my old church in Duluth's son was in a bad skiing accident. They think he might be paralized from the waist down. He is a senior in high school right now. Please send up a prayer for Josh and his family. Here is a link to his updated status at the hospital.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/joshsorvik

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HMMMMM! No more talk about being tired!

Have fun with gma and pa.

hugs,
momala