Wednesday, March 4, 2009

After work yesterday, I ran to Walmart to grab a few things. I then came home and re-made my smoothie mixture. About a month ago, I started making smoothies to bring into work to have for breakfast everyday. On the weekend, I buy some fresh and frozen fruit and yogart. I fill the blender with that stuff, add some ice, and a spoonful of either lemonaide or frozen lime concentrate (adds a little zing). A full blender of smoothie is enough for at least 5 days worth of breakfast. They are so good and I feel like I get to eat dessert every morning! But it is so healthy, I don't add ice cream or sugar at all. I like to change it up from time to time and add new things in. So, last weekend, I mixd frozen rhubarb, frozen strawberries, berry yougart, a quarter of a fresh watermelon, a few frozen peach slices, and some canned pineapple. It tasted pretty good, but is a little stringy-ish. I think that's thanks to the rhubarb and pineapple. The texture of it started to weird me out. So, last night I took what remained and added the rest of the frozen strawberries and peaches and some more yougart. And viola! Much better now.
I am a little stiff and sore today, but not nearly as bad as I thought I might be. I went to a Pilates class last night. Claire goes every week and asked me to come with her. So, with no expectations, I threw on my sweats and headed out to the class. The teacher is a girl our age, named Kate. She is super cute and nice and Claire and I both want to invite her to hang out more. She is from the area originally, but just moved back after years away at college. Anyways, the class consisted of Kate, Claire, a mom, her teenage daughter and me. It was only 1/2 an hour, but man!! It was intense! It was half-and-half cardio and core workout. I knew I was out of shape, but holy cow! I was sweating up a storm, but it was really good! The class is held at the Spine-Therapy Center in town and Kate is a Physical Therapist. I was talking to her about the back problems I had a few months ago. Not sure if I blogged about them or not, but in Nov/Dec I had a horrible migraine that lasted for over 3 days!! I have seriously been blessed in my life, where up until then I rarely ever had an inkling of a headache, and then BOOM! Major Migraine. I ended up going to the hospital because it was so bad and I had no clue what was going on. Well, come to find out, my back was spasming from my butt cheek all the way up to my neck. It was awful. I went in for a massage and the girl had to use her elbows to work out the softball sized knots under my shoulder blades. Anyway, so fast forward back to yesterday. I was talking to Kate about this and she said she would get me in for a free consultation. So, I am going in at 7 tomorrow before work. Not sure what will happen. I feel like my back is much better, but I'm not sure if it's because it really is or because my body is now used to it being out of line. So, we'll see.

This morning was nice because I got to sleep in. All of the admission counselors are working from 11:30-8 tonight instead of the usuall shift. We are having a "fun" call night tonight. Basically we are spending the evening making phonecalls to students who have shown interest in the past, in hopes of gettnig more applications in. The economy is hurting everyone and private colleges are no exception. Our application numbers are really down, so we are hoping that by making our online application free and calling students to tell them this, might help. But supposedly our boss is buying pop and pizza for dinner! So, that won't be too bad. I would have worked at the gym tonight anyway, but I got someone to cover. So, I will actually get back to my apartment an hour earlier than I would on a gym night. Which is good, because it is a disaster and needs to be cleaned bad!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

too bad your mom and claire didn't tell you to do that awhile ago.
m

Bethersw said...

I know! I know!