Monday, March 16, 2009

Sunny Days!!!

This weekend was fantastic!!!!

Saturday morning I had to interview a visitor at the college, which went fine. It was kind of nice to be up and moving early on such a warm sunny morning. I then went home and began sewing a table runner for my coffee table. My bobbin ran out, so I stopped there. Then, my friend Alyssa, from Duluth came to visit. I haven't seen her since this summer, so we had lots to catch up on. Since it was so nice and sunny, we walked from my apartment to campus and I showed her around. Then we headed downtown for some great lunch and then walked through downtown stopping in all the fun little shops on the way. It was beautiful outside. 57 degrees!!! Near the late afternoon, we headed back to my place and watched "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and gabbed some more. A little after nine Alyssa headed out and shortly after that, I was in bed. It was a great day. It felt so nice to thaw out a little!

Yesterday, I slept in, got up and made some berry muffins and hunkered down on the couch for a lazy morning. Then my friend Sarah called to invite me out to her new cabin for the afternoon. I was really excited to see her new place and to bring my camera to take a few shots of the wilderness. I stepped outside with my t-shirt, sweatshirt and vest on, only to notice I was too warm with the vest and sweatshirt!! It was a roasting 64 degrees! I cannot even tell you how great it felt! On my way out to Washburn, to the cabin, I stopped along the lake to take a few pictures of some geese enjoying the newly opened water. Then I blasted some great tunes and headed out to the cabin. Sarah and her boyfriend, Bob, just moved out to this little one room cabin in the woods with a little loft. There is electricity, but no running water. When I got there Bob was working on something outside in the shed, Rone, their husky was basking in the sun and Sarah came out of the cabin to great me with her new pixie haircut. Sarah and I hugged and caught up on the past few days and I got the grand tour of the cabin. It is definitely small, but warm, sunny, and cozy. It is perfect. We even went to check the outside out. It was really cool! haha. Seriously. There are 3 windows in it, so it's really nice and sunny, and they put woodchips in the hole when they are done using it, so it actually has a nice woodsy smell to it. By far, the nicest outhouse, I have ever seen. Then, Sarah, Bob, Rone and I headed down to Big Rock Park, just down from their cabin with cameras in hand. It was soooooo pretty. The park is along a stream in the middle of the woods. It was so nice and warm and all the ice was melting. It felt wonderful!!!! After a few hours of exploration and picture taking, we headed back to the cabin to BBQ up some brats. Grant and Claire then came and joined for a summery meal with potatoe salad and everything. It was just what I needed. A wonderful weekend!!!

Today, I am only here at work until lunchtime and then I am packing up and running errands in town before heading down to Wassau for the night, on my way for Fort Wayne, IN for a college fair. I am looking forward to getting out of the cubicle though and hot tubbing at the hotel.

1 comment:

StrengthThruWeakness said...

yay i made your blog :)
i am coming back only to go to the painted cottage. and maybe see you? but def, getting more fabric.