Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's

I looked for gold at the other side of the rainbow today and tried to find a four-leaf clover; Ididn't find the expected treasure, but the sun was shining, so I think that counts!

Today, is my parent's 30th anniversary. When I look at them, I can only hope that my marriage will some day be half that wonderful. I have learned so much from them and the struggles and triumphs they have gone through together. They are so truly happily married and I am so blessed to have grown up around such love. Happy anniversary!

Yesterday, I left work in the early afternoon to enjoy my few hours off since I worked on Saturday. It was sunny and in the mid-60's. I went back to my apartment and opened all my windows to let the spring breeze waft in and kick the musty stale winter air out. Then I packed up the car and was off to Rothschild, WI. The drive was gorgeous and it was great to roll the windows down and rock out to my favorite music. I even saw a bald eagle perched right on the shoulder of the road. Once I got there I had a great fish dinner at Denny's, read my book in the hot tub and got a good night's sleep.

This morning I was able to sleep in a little bit before loading up again, this time to drive through Chicago to Hobart, IN. The drive was much longer today. Traffic was really slow going through Chicago due to all the St. Patty's Day festivities, but I still made it to Hobart by 5:30. I did a little shopping (surprise, surprise) and had a wonderful dinner at The Olive Garden. Until I started to travel for work this year, I never thought I would go out to a restaurant by myself, but it's not that bad at all. It's a nice time to bring a book and just relax. Now, I am sitting on my King Size bed, stuffed with ravioli to the rim, watching cable t.v.! It's great. Tomorrow will be a very busy day though, so I am off to get ready for tomorrow and then hit the hay.

May the luck of the Irish be with you! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet!
Love ya,
Momala