Monday, March 9, 2009

A Great Weekend!!

Saturday morning, I got up, cleaned around my apartment a little and headed out to Duluth. It was wonderful! I met up with some old friends from college. It was just what I needed. And it was a gorgeous sunny day, which made everything perfect. After hanging out, I had so many things rushing through my head. I thought a lot about the past and the memories I had in Duluth as well as the future and the hopes I have. Sometimes, it's wonderful to have a day like that, just to think things through.
Afterward, I went to Best Buy to pick up my new camera!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I could not wait to pick it up. So, be assured, there will be plenty of pictures to come. I am super excited to check it all out. I bought the camera, a camera case, and an extra battery for it. I received my tax return on Friday, so I figured, why not get the things I have waited for now, when I have the chance. So, I also bought a GPS. If you know me at all, you know that I don't have the keenest sense of direction. I will be heading out next week for a college fair in Indiana, and I have to drive through Chicago. Then two weeks later I am driving to Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor, MIchigan. A few weeks after that I am heading out for my trip to Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia. Needless to say, I thought this might be a good time to learn how to work a GPS. I bought the cheapest one, with just the basics, but that is all I really want anyway. Then I ran to TJ Maxx. I love that store for their cheap decorating stuff. I bought a kind of fancy looking bird cage for 14 bucks there for my living room. It can be really hit or miss, but I love looking. I ended up heading home around 8 or 9ish. I was pooped by the time I got back but had so many thought in my head that I couldn't sleep. So I painted my new bird cage. It was an off-white color, but it didn't stand out at all, so I painted it bright red. Then it was off the bed.
Sunday, despite loosing an hour of sleep due to the time change, I woke up bright and early. I got some major cleaning done, which was a little difficult since my sink is clogged and has a nice little pool of mucky water in it. Yuck! I am hoping that the maintenance lady gets it fixed today. Sick. Anyway, I cleaned my bedroom and started on the living and then got ready to head to Ashland High School's "My Fair Lady". The 3 friends I invited weren't able to come, so I went by myself. I really don't mind doing that stuff alone though, so it was fine. It was good, but long! It was 3 and 1/2 hours! Whew! After that I ran to Walmart to get a memory card for my camera. I spent the rest of the evening cleaning up and playing with my camera. Did I mention how much I love it?!

No comments: