Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Everyone Gets a Crabby Day Now and Then, Right?

I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning! :(
I was really, really hoping for a delayed start today. Yesterday we were supposed to get dumped on. We did get some snow, but nothing too bad. I am sick of the snow, but wouldn't mind it if we got time off of work. Bummer! This morning I kept having dreams about being late for work, when I woke up, I realized I must have turned off my alarm and I really was running late! I checked my phone, but there were no messages, meaning no delayed start. So, I jumped out of bed, took a two minute shower, and threw my clothes and make-up on. Usually in the morning I throw my smootie batch in the microwave for a few minutes to thaw it out enough for me to scoop some into a cup. Well, my microwave is dead. So I heated it up in the oven! It worked though! Then I went out to start my car to warm it up, there was a thick layer of ice on the windshield and my wipers were crusted down. So, I got that all cleared and ran back in to take my smoothie out of the oven. After getting all that ready to go and throwing everything in my bag, I ran out the door. My neighbor was out there too, trying to back her car out of our driveway with no luck. So, I tried my darndest to push her out. No luck, but I did, however, get covered in snow. I lent her my shovel while I scraped off the ice that had not yet defrosted off of my car. Finally she got out, but I was worried that I would be stuck now. Luckily, my car is a beast and it was not a problem. Once I got to work, I just felt blah; probably a mixture of stress, lack of sleep, and winter blues again. Oh well. But, I did get a good deal on a beginning belly dancing video, so I ordered that and feel a little more cheery. I am just ready to learn some more moves and thought this might be a fun at-home workout to do when the weather is yucky. Plus it was really cheap and it's always fun to have something to look forward to getting in the mail.
Anyways, hopefully, the day won't drag on too long. I have to head straight to the gym for my 4 hour shift after this. Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!!! Running late, everything in an uproar and you stop to help someone else. There's not a whole lot of people who would do that! :P
love you, Momala