Friday, January 9, 2009

Ahhhh.... much needed Friday!! I had a bit of a stressful day yesterday. I went home at lunch and met with my landlord about my heater. He couldn't fix it and said he would call the company and bring another heater over in the mean time. Well, that never happened. So, this morning I had to will myself out of my semi-warm bed to fly through the apartment to take a shower and shivered back to my room to through on a sweater in record time! It was freezing!! I asked my landlord if he had received my messages about me moving and he said, "yes, and I am mad." I thought, great, that is just what I need. But he then said, "you are the best renter we have and we don't want to lose you. Is there anything that we can do to get you to stay?" I wanted to say, "could you lower my rent by 100 bucks, find me a parking space, add a few more closests and move the two bars I am in between?" But I decided a "thanks so much, but this new place is closer to campus" might be better. He said to keep his number in case I ever needed a place from them again. That was nice. Hopefully I will get my deposit back from them sooner!
Work was slooooooowwwwwww in the afternoon. It is so different to go from teaching, where you barely have time to breathe, to a desk job, where I spend a majority of my day surfing the net in my cubicle. This is the part of my job I really don't like. I like to be busy and this job right now, is not that. I love the travel part of my job. In the fall I get to go to high schools and college fairs and work and talk with students. But this time of year I basically wait for kids to apply to the college and then call them when they do. Blah... Spring travel starts in a few months and I am actually really looking forward to that. I know I have 3 fairs to go to so far. One in Grand Rapids, MI, one in Ann Arbor, MI, and one in Fort Wayne, IN. I actually hope I get to go to more. I like being on the road and exploring new places.
Last night I went back over to the new place to continue painting. I had to laugh when I walked in and looked at my handi-work from the night before. It looks awful! Not because of the new color, but because of the job I did. I basically threw paint on the middle sections of all of the walls. So when you walk in, it looks like an Easter egg! There is baby blue at the top, bottom and sides of each wall with yellow in the middle and in the background you see the light pink of the kitchen. Yuck! Hopefully it will look better. I got the living room and hall all taped and got a majority of the trim done now. All that is left is the trim in the hallway and then a second coat of everything! BLACH.... But I just asked my boss for a vacation day next week in the hopes that I can get the livingroom, hall,and kitchen completely done. Sigh. That will be nice.
This weekend I am heading home. My brother's b-day is next Tues, so we are celebrating it tomorrow. He is bringing his friend Holly with him, so it should be really fun. I want to get some snowshoeing and sauna-ing in when I am there. It will be nice to see the family again! Can't wait!

No comments: