Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A New Start

I think it is a good time for a fresh start. It is a new year and we have a new president. Sometimes new beginnnings are rough, but necessary for growth to happen. I am looking forward to being moved in to my new place and decorating it in a new style. I am starting a new semester of belly dancing and possibly a new second job on top of that.

Sometimes, life is like winter. You have a thick layer of crusty snow that you feel like you can't break through. But little by little, it melts away and flowers can push through the frozen ground and bloom. Kind of a poetic little thought.

Last night, I had to make a very hard decision. I needed to do what was best for me and learn to let some things go. I did. Last night, I let go. I ended my relationship. It was very, very hard. But I also know it was the right thing to do. I prayed a ton about it and knew that God was pushing me in the direction I needed to go. I can't be in a relationship when I know it means compromising what is important to me. I have always been strong-willed and independent. But I have also always been empathetic and understanding. It is really hard to say good-bye to those you love and care about, even when you know it's what's right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw beth, hope you're doing okay. and way to have the courage to do what you needed to!

momala said...

You have always followed your own way! You are such a strong and wonderful women.

I love the pictures of your place!

Keep going, God has a very special man waiting for you!

Anonymous said...

Aw! Hang tough Beth! I'm sorry! I know that's really hard. Congrats on being brave and steadfast about following the right dreams. That's really tough to do but, completely worth it. Thinking of you as you let go...