Monday, January 19, 2009

Opps. I forgot to post on Friday. Can you tell I have been busy? Well, Thursday night I went to the used furniture shop and bought a bed and couch!! All for under $100 (99.75 to be exact)! I bought a full mattress and box spring and the nasty $20 green couch. Haha! It was still there (not that I was really surprised). It took a total of about 10 minutes to get everything. I was really hoping to pay for them on Thursday and see if they could hold them until I can move them. And he did! Perfect. I am so excited and will be even more excited on Wednesday when we will try to get it into the apartment! Thursday night I went back over to the apartment and continued painting. It was about 10:30 when I packed up to head out. I heard the neighbor downstairs in the back room (which we share) letting their dog out. I decided to wait, so I did't freak them out, since I was covered in paint and hadn't met them before. Once I heard them come back in, I opened my door, only to be greeted by a pitbull hanging out in the back room. I didn't want to scare the dog, so I said "Hi puppy," in a friendly voice. Well, the dog backed up and then started snarling and barking. Totally freaked me out! So I ran back up my stairs. The neighbor was outside and came back in and yanked the dog outside by the collar and yelled "shut up!" over and over. So, I went outside to head home and said hi to him and he didn't say anything. I was thinking "great, glad I moved away from the bar area only to have a snappy neighbor and a snarling pitbull live right below me." I felt suddenly really uncomfortable and nervous about the whole moving situation. So, Friday, after work, I went back to the apartment and figured I should definitely go and introduce myself now since the guy already saw me and it was weird. As I was walking in, he came out with the dog again. I introduced myself and said sorry for scaring your dog last night. He said she looks scary, but it really friendly. So, I let her sniff my hand and then slowly pet her. She jumped right up for a head scratch. Turns out she is a scaredy cat puppy. She isn't even a year yet and is full of energy, and the guy is the single mom below me's boyfriend. So, I went down to introduce myself to the lady. Her 2 little kids answered the door and I introduced myself to them and then the mom came and I did the same with her. They seem friendly enough. I felt tons better after having at least said hi. I stayed until about 9:30 Friday night and put up the cupboard doors and began painting the bedroom. Not sure what I think of the green yet. I may paint it all khaki, we'll see how it goes.

Saturday, we had a Visit Day on campus. Basically, it is a day for students to come with family and friends and check out the campus. I had to be there at 8. These days are fun, but it stinks getting up so early on a Saturday. I was exhausted, but the day went well. After work I headed over to Minong, WI, which was just under a 2 hour drive, to visit my some friends from collge. I got a little lost on the way out to their cabin, but found it just before dark. It was my friend Kayla, her husband Phil, and her sister Amanda. We had a great night! Kayla just signed on as a Pampered Chef consultant, so she had a "practice party" with Amanda and I. We spent the night testing out the recipes and figuring out all of the tools. It was really fun and the food was awesome. Kayla is trying to get me to be a consultant. I think it would actually be a blast, but I don't have the money for a starting kit right now and it would be really hard during travel season. But it might be a good way to make extra cash. What do you think? Kayla's parents stopped in for a bit and we caught up with them, then played Outburst Junior for awhile, which was tons of fun, and watched "Baby Mama" before falling asleep around 3.
Yesterday we layed in our beds until almost noon! It was great!! We then got up and watched another movie. It was relaxing and really nice just to chill. I headed out around 3ish and came back to hang out with the bf. After he left, I feel asleep on my couch and woke up from a horrid nightmare around midnight. It was one of those dreams that you still feel scared about after you wake up. My heart was racing and it was hard to get back to sleep. So, I am still a bit tired this morning.
And... side note... I already got 2 bids on my ebay item! Woo-hoo. Already 11 bucks more than the offer! 1 day left to sell. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tonight I am hoping to get some stuff done! My old apartment is a disaster zone. I have dirty dishes everywhere and I need to clean my fridge. Yuck. I am hoping to get a little done at the new place after work and then head home to do dishes. Blah.

1 comment:

momala said...

Watch out for the pitbull! Never trust one!!