Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Yesterday, at lunch time I stopped by the used furniture store in town. I honestly have driven past it countless times and had no clue it existed. When I got there, there was a sign on the door that said closed. I was a little bummed. As I walked back to my car I saw a man opening the door and flipping the sign. So, I went back for a second attempt. Inside the little "store", it was really more like a long narrow room with a small path in the middle of stacks of used furniture. The man asked what I was looking for and I said a bed and a couch. They have lots of queen beds with box springs for $75.00! I am kind of hoping for a full, just because I think it might be easier to get it into my apartment! The full they had was not so great, but he gets "new" used furniture in almost every week. So, I have plenty of time. I also spotted one of the ugliest couches on God's green earth, but for $20.00 I just may be the proud owner of it! I have a nice slip cover to put over it. If I get it, I will definitely take pics. I am really excited about the prospect of spending around $100.00 to get both a bed and a couch! Yee-haw for thriftiness! Now I just need the keys to my new place so I can buy the furniture and move it in!
After work, I went to bring my security deposit over to my new landlord, but she left early for the day. Bummer. I was hoping I could fanagle my way into getting my keys so I could start painting soon! Maybe today. I called her and she said to drop the check off today at lunchtime. I am getting to anxious to start planning where everything goes!That is my favorite part of moving. I love setting everything up.
I also dropped off an application for the local gym. My friend works there and said it is a super easy, laid-back job. I thought if they were looking for someone in the evenings, that would be a great second job. I'll especially need another job if I am going to be buying fancy $20 couches.
The rest of the evening was spent putting my Christmas ornaments away in boxes and attempting to hide all of my Christmas things behind my futon. I then cleaned my apartment so that it would look at least halfway decent if a new renter came to look at it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bethie! Found you via your mom's blog! Congrats on the new pad...sounds pretty exciting. I say, go for deep rich paint colors...its only paint...you can always re-paint later if it doesn't end up like you imagined.