Tuesday, January 20, 2009

How cool is it that in about an hour, history will be made? Pretty great when you think about it! It is nuts, all of the hype that is going on around Obama. A friend of mine and I were just chatting about how it is really cool that so much is changing in our country, but that it's a lot of pressure on a new president. People are expecting huge things from him! It is also weird how many people almost worship him. It will be interesting to see how things pan out. It is an exciting time for everyone! I am also pumped that we get to get out of the office to go and see it! The campus is having a big get together in the theater, so I asked my boss if we could all go and she said yes! Yah! I am excited to see it. I don't think I have ever watched an inauguration, 'nor have I ever cared to, until now. We were watching the live feed from D.C. and mass crowds have already gathered. It is crazy!!!

Last night I moved some stuff into the kitchen of my new place and spent some time putting things up on the walls. I know it is a little silly to decorate right now when I still have to paint the bedroom, but I was getting sick of painting and still wanted to feel productive. I will clean up the new kitchen today and take a pic of that for you to see. I really am happy with it. I also taped up the bedroom so that today I can go in there and get it done!! I only have the trim and second coat to do on 3 walls, which in all honesty, won't be too bad.

After getting back from the new apartment last nigt, I just started to feel really kinda down and overwhelmed and I am not sure why exactly. Maybe it is the winter blues and moving stress. I just feel like it is hard to keep my motivation up to get everything done. I feel like I can't keep my head above the water sometimes. If I go gung-ho and paint at the new place, then I am neglecting the mess at my old apartment. If I am cleaning my old apartment, then I am not spending enough time with my bf. If I am spending time with him, nothing is getting moved or cleaned. On top of this, I am flat broke and am trying to get a second and possibly third job. It just feels really frustrating and I realize I need to decide where my priorities will lie.
But, 2009 will be a better year and we will have a new president.

No comments: