Monday, January 5, 2009

Friday morning before work, I decided to act on another New Year's resolution. I resolve to pray about my concerns before talking to others about them. So, Friday morning I prayed about my apartment situation and about my finances and finding another job.

Well...apartment update...
I got an apartment!! Friday I went to look at one during lunch, and had low expectations of it, but the minute I saw it I knew it was what I was looking for and was in my price range! It is 8 blocks closer to campus than my current apartment and it's in a residential area. It has a lot more storage than I have now, which heaven knows I need with all my stuff! It is the upper floor of a house, so it has a driveway and a front porch. What is even crazier, is that well I was talking with the landlord, we got on the subject of her son and that she pulled him out of the school here because it is getting really violent. I said I know how that goes, and that I was a teacher last year. Then she asked if I would be at all interested in tutoring. It is so nuts because I was going to bring in a card to the schools to say that I was a former teacher looking to tutor. God is one crazy guy!! I was so excited! The rest of the afternoon I struggled through week daydreaming of my new place and what colors I would paint it. It is baby blue and pale pink right now. Not exactly my style. I am also now on a mad hunt for furniture! Having moved here from Alaska and before that having been in New Zealand, I own nothing! I have a dresser and 2 little shelves! I am desperatly in need of a bed and a couch. But I am going to look at a used furniture store after work and hopefully something will work! I am also hoping that as soon as I pay my deposit I might get the keys, so I can start painting and slowly begin moving everything in. That would be nice!
After work on Friday I was exhausted for some reason, I fell asleep on the couch by 7!
Saturday my friend Claire and I went to Duluth for the day. It was a much needed girl retreat. We went to Michael's (the craft store) and I swear I could easily spend a whole paycheck there! I bought some new canvases that were on sale and am super pumped to make a few things for my new apartment! It was a great day.
The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and taking down my Christmas stuff.

1 comment: