Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I got a second job!!! Woo-hoo!!! Yesterday, I got a call from the fitness center, that they need someone to fill their Friday night shift. Kind of a bummer night to work, but, hey, it's more money! I am going to be sitting at the front desk and then closing it up at night. I actually start training today after work. I will be training this week and next and then working from 5-9 every Friday. I'm kind of bummed about having to work Fridays, but it will be about 90 bucks a month extra. That will be my spending money and then the admission job will go to all the bills. It will be really nice to have a little extra. Plus, I can always pick up other shifts too. And, I get a free membership there now and can take any of the fitness classes for free and use the raquetball courts when I want. Claire works there now and said it is an easy job too and really laid back. She said most people bring dinner there to eat, which will be nice since I will be leaving one job to head to another. She also said she brings a journal and just writes while she is there or brings a book. I am excited about having some time to read too! I will let you know how the first day of training goes!

Yesterday after work, I finally got around to bringing my bags of stuff to Goodwill. After dropping them off at the donation door, I went inside to see if there was anything good for the new apartment. I found a shoe rack, an un-opened box of blinds, which was just what I needed, and some cool retro-ish looking fabric, so re-cover some of my pillows. I was excited about my finds! Then I picked up Claire and we ran to Walmart. I got a new mini-palm tree to put in my bedroom. I am super excited! It looks great in there. We grabbed some stuff for dinner and headed over to her place. Grant (her hubby) was gone for the night, so we made pasta and garlic bread and just talked about life. We also splurged on Ben and Jerry's and ate that while we had girl talk. It was great. By the end of the day, I was pooped.

1 comment:

momala said...

Sounds like fun!!! Claire is such a sweetheart!