Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Not much to say today! Hauled a bunch of stuff to the new place last night. Even brought some of my fridge and freezer stuff over! My old place is a disaster zone right now, but is clearing out slowly. I probably won't bring much over there now until Friday, when I actually move. Maybe just a load here or there. When I got back, I was super cold to I let the water in the tub run, until it was hot. It takes a long time, especially since the heat in the building is out again, so the whole apartment is freezing! While the water was heating up, I made smoothies and muffins. I needed to do something with all the fruit in my freezer, since I don't have space right now in the new one. I made enought smoothie for breakfast for the rest of the week. I love them!! I just mix frozen berries, a little limeonade concentrate, ice and strawberry yougart in the blender. Then I pour a glass and put the rest in a glass container to scoop into a cup in the mornings. Yum! So, I took my smoothie to the bath with me and relaxed in the tub. My new place only has a shower, so I figured I better enjoy the bath now. But it was so cold in the bathroom that the water got cold right away. So, I drained a little, closed the shower curtain turned the water on super hot, so it steamed it all up and then I could stay warm! Then I got out and hunkered down in my bed. I am SO looking forward to having a warm apartment!
This morning was a little chilly getting up and I was running late. But I grabbed a muffin and my smoothie and was out the door on time. Tonight, I might not even go to the new place! I need a break. I am going out with Claire and another friend for awhile and then might go back and work on my other painting. We'll just see how it goes.

3 comments:

momala said...

hmmmm . . . . Didn't your current landlord comment on your new landlord letting the heat go in your new place.

Anonymous said...

Brrr!!! You do indeed sound chilly. I hope your new digs are very cozy.

Bethersw said...

Only 2 more days until I am in the new place!!