Monday, January 12, 2009

It is never easy to get back on track on Mondays. Especially after a good weekend! Friday, I left an hour early to go home. Houghton was under a winter storm warning, so my boss said to leave early! It was really nice because I just really wanted to go home. Is it weird to be 24 and still feel like sometimes I just need my parents? Well, it was one of those weeks. The drive home was good, roads were only sketchy in a few places. I rocked out to some good tunes and before I knew it, 3 hours had passes and I was home. Shortly after I arrived, Matt and his friend Holly came. And just after that Nikki came to spend the night. We spent the evening catching up, laughing and playing cards, which was really fun. Saturday morning we went out for brunch and ran some errands around town. Then I went to see my friend Christina's new house. Christina is from my hometown and was my college roomate. She and her fiance just purchases it and are in the midst of gutting out the living room. It was cool to see it in the works and envision what it will look like when it is all done. We spent 3 hours catching up on everything. It was great! That night Matt made his famous chili and Steve came over to join the rest of us while we played cards. Sunday morning we got up and Matt opened his birthday presents from us and we had Mom's homemade rigatoni, always a birthday favorite! I headed back to Ashland shortly after having birthday brownies, so I could make it before it got too dark.

And... my landlord brought a new heater for me to use. It was still a bit chilly as my apartment needed to heat up again after a long, cold weekend!
Now, I am back at work and am feeling really blah and tired. I seem to have been feeling that way a lot lately. I feel so sluggish. I know, part of it has to do with my job right now, and part of it probably has to do with the cold winter blues, but I also know I need to start getting back into shape again. Hopefully that will help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, it's not that weird. I get the same thing sometimes. You know, you probably drove right past me.

-Ed