Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It is almost the end of the work day and I forgot to blog! It is stinkin' freezing here! Yuck!! -17 without the windchill. My car was not happy with my when I tried to get it to start this morning. Finally it gave in and chugged along. I am SO ready for a spring break! To bad it is only January! Today is also my little brother's birthday. He is now the big 2-2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT! I gave him a quick morning birthday call today. Can't believe he is not really my "little" brother anymore. I should say "younger" brother instead. Hope he has a great day!

So, last night I got home and rummaged through my cupboards to see what I could throw in the crock pot for tonight. I really need to get rid of some of the food in my freezer before I move and have to shove everything into my ridiculously small freezer in my new place. So, I found some cream of mushroom soup and chicken breasts and found a good crock pot recipe for the two. After this I attempted to begin straightening up my apartment, which is now in shambles as I begin packing up. I don't have many boxes to use so I have been bringing over things in laundry baskets and am semi-putting them away as I bring them. I went through my closet and grabbed clothes I know I won't wear in the next few weeks and am bringing them over to go straight in the closet. I am trying to only bring over things that I can immediately put away right now. Then my bf came over and we went to town on the painting. He did the second coat in the living room and I did all the trim. And... we are done!!!!! At least with the living room. The kitchen and bedroom are another story though. But I stayed until about 10:30 again and started a little in the kitchen. I am taking a vacation day tomorrow to paint, so that will be good. Hopefully I can get the kitchen done and paint the front door and linen closet door and maybe even bring a load of stuff over! That might be a little much, but we'll see.

Today I got my new comforter in. It was only $19.00 at Target. It is dark brown with big white and tan leaves, bright green stems and one pink flower. I will get a pic of it sometime. I am really excited about it. It is kind of jungle-ish. I was planning on painting my room a light green to match the green in the comforter. But now i am realizing that the green is a pretty bright color. So, I might do 3 of the walls tan and one wall the green. Gotta add some flair right? Especially when the carpet is dark brown. I am not really a fan of everything looking... well...poopy. So, I think green will get in the picture some how.

Today, I also listed my first item on EBay! I have had a few things I was looking to sell and someone suggested to try EBay. Last night I took pics of my items (103 pictures for 2 items to be exact). So, I went through the pics today and began listing the items. Only bummer is, as a new seller, you can only sell one item at a time until you earn higher standing. Weird. They must have lots of people selling stuff on there! Well, I have 7 days to try and sell it. Then I can put the other one up. Hopefully, this EBay thing works. It could be fun!

Anywho, after work I am heading back home to check on my crock pot chicken and madly straighten my apartment! I am having people over for dinner tonight before we head to the college hockey game. It will be mighty cold, so I am going to majorly bundle up, but it will be a nice break from painting!

1 comment:

momala said...

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Get rid of that photo of us!!!!!!!!